Saturday, October 02, 2004

Why Blog?

To disclose to the whole world what I haven't yet disclosed to my closest friend.
The world then becomes my closest friend.

self-apparent properties of the self:

young. saudi chick. unveiled, unconservatized.

computer literate. happy in hypertext.

enjoy code. others.

supposedly literate. bilingual. reading always.

musical. sometimes. produce it sometimes. prefer minimal ambient variations with stochastic parts.

write sometimes, trying to write more. but atmosphere in saudi does not encourage that euphoric species of writing that I like... danger of reverting to literature of frustration.

politics: quantum: constrained by social, cultural, political context, sex. I've never voted, although one day I hope to walk in on a ballot box in jeans, t-shirt, and flip-flops so that everyone can see my pretty toes while I express my freedom.

bye.

4 Comments:

Blogger Somah said...

Good luck with the blog, Alia. Blogging is becoming the single most important thing individuals can do to promote their ideas, thoughts and reasons. Type away!

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Alia,

You sounds like a really cool girl. I'd love to see your pretty little toes as you stride up to the ballot box in your jeans and t-shirt and cast your vote, hopefully someday soon!

Saud needs more women like you to speak out.

Keep on bloggin',

Naim

12:44 PM  
Blogger mueen said...

Assalamualikum:If ur really a muslim saudi its god to be well educated but within limits of Islam.My request to u is that don't ever try to cross the limits of your religion. Be afraid of that day when no one can help any one. wasalamualikum...ur mueen.contact me:mueensalfi@gawab.com mobil:009419069087

2:42 PM  
Blogger seowithpanache said...

Are you thinking to open an email marketing agency in Dubai? and confuse about whom to ask for help.SMTPGET is best SMTP relay services provider in Dubai.

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home